Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get Help for Your Agressive Dog Before it is too Late!

I am sad to find out that my friend's boston terrier was killed by the neighbor's German Shepherd yesterday. The neighbor was out of town and the GSD's were in their backyard. They broke a hole in the fence, reached in, and grabbed the terrier. Her dog was rushed to the vet and had surgery, but still didn't make it.

This tragedy could have been prevented. It is very important to get proper training for aggressive dogs. This may take time. I have a client with a German Shepherd who was dog aggressive for years. She hired a special trainer and worked with her dog daily. Her dog is now able to go to doggy camp.

Also, be sure your yard is secure and you have a strong fence. Try not to leave them out in the yard all day unsupervised as well. I have heard of cases where dogs were able to scale tall fences.

If your dog needs a trainer I am happy to help set you up with one in your area. I network with as many pet professionals as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Give your precious pooch VitaLife dog foods with the wholesome natural goodness and good flavor of whole VitaLife sweet potato dog treats. These 100% natural treats are produced in small batches, and it contains all of the natural flavor and nutrition with no chemicals or preservatives.

    ReplyDelete